How to get rid of bloat and gassiness

It seems I am always bloated and gassy. I keep seeing ads for the colon cleansers and that you carry around 25 pounds of waste in your intestines and stuff. What I need to know is do I need a complete cleanse, and what would i use, or just a change in diet? If diet, what in the heck do I eat. It seems my clothes are always tight, more so for PMS, and I am always just bloated...

jajumommy2000

Asked by jajumommy2000 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• don't do a colon cleanse. it's a rip-off. seriously, i've done a prep for colonoscopy and it's only like 3-5 pounds in there at any time. and you have to be CLEAN and EMPTY for that.

increase your fiber. decrease fatty foods and animal products. increase greens and veg. same advice to improve your overall health will improve your digestive health.

if you find excess bloat/gas, keep a food diary and see if you can find culprits. you could be intolerant to lactose, for example. HTH!
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Thanks mama!!! I was gonna post this in our group cause no one was answering, lol. I was thinking about getting some sort of fiber stuff. Its like my tummy is always making noises. Not cause Im hungry, just cause I guess. Stupid thing wants to embarrass me, lol. OK, so I guess I will be going to the store...
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I bought metamucil and it seems to help a lot... just make sure oyu drink some water flabored if you have too..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009