anyone else believe in no birth control and letting "god" choose how many kids you will have?

liek the tlc duggar family
if so how many children do u have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I believe in birth control so that people can choose to control when and how many children they choose to have. If a woman wants many children then that is her choice. If a woman wants only one or none, then that is her choice, as well.

If more women would practice birth control, then perhaps we wouldn't have so many children living in poverty and on welfare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• this is a first for this question. honestly, if God isnt going to deliver my kids and wont put them thru college and all of the other stuff...he doesnt get a say...lol
    JENNY195

Answer by JENNY195 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Ummm no... 3 is our limit.... Hubby got a vasectomy, phew!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think God gave us brains for a reason-- he expects us to use them!!! I am not putting down the Duggars, they are self-sufficient (as far as I know-- I don't really watch the show). However, someone living on welfare, having more kids because they say God ordained it-- that's just stupid!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If God wants me to have another biological kid, he will heal the Vasectomy my DH had done. If he doesn't, then I guess I am done. I have 4 kids, 3 via adoption. I don't plan on having any more, and if I change my mind, there are millions of parentless children in the world that would love to have just a fraction of what the duggars or the octuplet mom's kids have. I do belive that God will choose how many kids I will have. 20 months ago he brought me 3 to add to the one I already have. He might bring me more, he might not, I don't know yet, but in my own way, YES I do believe God should be the one to choose how many kids I will have, and I will contiune to allow him to make that choice for me.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I like the Creighton Model of natural family planning better - no harmful artificial hormones in your body. If practiced correctly and consistently, it is as effective as BCP.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I know God told me to get an IUD, that way if my wonderful husband should go onto the after life and I get a trophy husband who wants more kids I will be ready.
    I am thinking if I get a trophy man I better get some more plastic surgery to be looking younger, then I might need some new sexy clothes to fit my new body.
    I pray that God let's me keep my current husband until I go infertile then I can get the IUD out. I really don't want to have to train a new husband. IT took me 25 years to get this one almost right.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes I was on the pill until I was ready to have children..
    Anonymous

• If I had as many kids as I would have let myself get pregnant with, hmmm 1 a year for 24 years~ Wow, I would have 24 kids! Cool! NOT, sorry but I believe in birth control. I think when you ask this question you are thinking of responsible people and not the 19 yr old who is on kid #4 and on welfare.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I used the Creighton Model of family planning for a long time, but when I had a lot of complications with my 3rd and 4th pregnancies (they were planned) I said enough is enough and DH had a vasectomy. I didn't want to take any chance on getting pregnant again. I'm not sure God would want me to try to go through another pregnancy where I couldn't walk, even with the assistance of physical therapy. I really don't like not being able to take care of my other kids.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2009