pet duck?

who has or has had a pet duck or chick?
im thinking about getting one but i just wanted to know if its worth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pets

• When I was younger I had a young duck. We had to give him away though because he was depressed or something. We had a big yard,a kids swimming pool for him & a creek that ran in front of our home but he WOULD NOT swim or even get in the water! He followed our dog around all the time then he got to where he stayed under our porch & wouldnt come out... I think that was just an odd circumstance though! I dont think they are all that high maintence though. I would have another but I'd prob. think about getting him a buddy! Sorry for such a long story,lol.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 11:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had a pet duck my hubby got for me. I had her for along time too. I love animals but I think ducks are ment to be out and about near water ya know natural habitat. I loved her very much she had a pool with fresh water she loved her treats and when she heard the back door open she would quack at us she was spoiled. But I put her in a pond with the neighbors ducks and she was really happy there as well.
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 11:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• we had Lots of ducks and chickens. if you have the time to constantly clean out their little pool they'll need and clean all the shit they produce then get one
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We had 4 ducklings that were adorable, we let them swim in a kiddie pool and we were going to put them in the pond in the yard to live when, sadly, they were all eaten by fisher cats. :( But for the short time we had them, they were cute and not hard to maintain. Just make sure you don't have any overenthusiastic dogs or cats running around that will help themselves to dinner...
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 2:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We've had chickens but we live on a farm, you might have to check in your area if you are allowed to get just one chicken, usually there is a minimum number you have to get, in our area it's 25 chicks, and six ducks.  They are a neat pet, we actually hatched eggs in an incubator and the kids got to help when they hatched, once it was warm enough for them to be outside they we had to move them to the barn, they are actually a very messy pet. 

INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 7:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2009