Would you have joined?

I just saw that one of my classmates from high school had her status on Facebook saying something about missing some Sorority event 'cause her daughter was cranky...and she was truly mad about it! Call me crazy, but my oldest was born while I was still in college and the thought to join a sorority was the furthest from my mind! If you were young and still in college when you had a kid would you have/did you join a sorority after your baby was born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• That's so selfish! I would not. My children come before anyone including myself
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Heck no! All that would do is take away time and money from your kid between events and dues (if they still do that anymore...last I checked, they did). I agree with the pp...how selfish!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would rather live in my place then some dorm, i'm sorry but i really don't wanna here some chics having a drama or making drama, stealing clothes or whatever i had in a dorm room not just that i like to spend my own time with friends and my childern not some spoiled rich snobby person that is loud and can't control there selfs..
    Anonymous

• i would NEVER join a sorority period!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Maybe she was already in the sorority before her child was born?

In any case, it's really not your business.  She's allowed to have emotions, too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I never had a desire to join a sorority anyway, but if I'd had a kid definitely no. Even if I was in the sorority before I had a child, I would probably have left after having the baby. Who has time for school, a child and the numerous social functions that sororities have?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You know I thought for sure that there would be no way they'd accept a mom into the sorority, so I never tried, but wasn't all that interested anyway. Maybe she was in before the baby? I agree with the PP, there's not enough time to fit sorority/extra curricular college life with family life, especially if the girl is a single parent (I was there not too long ago).
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 2:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Even if I had a child after joining a sorority (something i'd never do in the first place...) I would have left it. Sorry but partying, volunteering, and socializing take a back seat to my children. I can understand being disappointed at missing something. Heck I'm dissappointed that I'll be missing a few good movies in theaters this spring, since they come out right around my twins due date, but to be truly angry over it? NO! Besides DH has a friend who is a master of bootlegging LOL...call in a favor for the pregnant lady! Still, I think this mom sounds very immature, she should consider dropping out of the sorority and focusing on her child.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2009