pain in upper back/neck...is this heartburn?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and having really bad pain in my upper back/back of my shoulders and also I feel like I'm having acid reflux or something in my throat...it's almost a constricting feeling. I AM MISERABLE.... can anyone tell me what this is and what I might do to help it? THANK YOU!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like gall bladder or hiatal hernia,is there pressure on your diaphragm?

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i meant like does it feel like presure pushing up in your chest?
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• is that in my stomach? sorry..... if so, I don't feel anything in my tummy..
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ummm..no i don't feel anything in my chest, just in my back and the back of my shoulders and the front of my neck.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• no lol if it feels like its in your back,shouldersand chest it is more then likely a hital hernia or your gall bladder..
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• does it mean that i need to see a doctor immediately? I looked up both things and it sounds like maybe the gall bladder problem.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ok that is one of the characteristics of hiatal hernia and what happens is a piece of your stomach is geting sucked up into your esophagus and thats why there is pain in back and shoulders and the feeling in your throat i have a hital hernia but mine is really bad when i have a flare up i feel like im having a heart attack it has the nick name the great mimic because the feeling is like that of a heart attack in severe cases which i have it sucks,unfortunately the only thing you can do for it is push downward on the top of your tummy to try and get your tummy back where it belongs..

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes deffenatly if its your gall bladder asap and if its the other not so much can be done but i had my gallbladder removed when i was 15 it and it was awful how it can make u feel and it can get serious if not taken care of so call doc in the morning or tonite if it gets worse.
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thanks so much - i'm going to read up on this right now. this pain is awful
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• your more then welcome...i hope you feel better soon and if you wanna ask me anything else feel free..
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009