Airtravel??

So my dd, dh, and myself are going to Baton Rouge to visit family in a few days. We are going by airplane and the last time I was on a plane was when I was 4/5. Needless to say security and stuff has changed since then. Anyways, I was wondering what is the regulation for things such as makeup, liquids, etc in checked baggage. Also, any tips for traveling with a 3 month old?

KristiNicole09

Asked by KristiNicole09 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Travel

• In checked baggage, you shouldn't have a problem. You should check with your airline though to see if they have any regulations on that. I've only had issues with carry-on, so I always put all that in the checked.
    If she's nursing while the plane is ascending and descending, she shouldn't have issues with her ears popping, so that could prevent a possible breakdown from your little one.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• a Qt. size ziplock for any liquids or gels. that are 3 onunces and under. It all has to fit in there. make up shampoo/ lotion./etc. If you check your bags you can put all that stuff in there if you want..
    Go to you airlines website for specific rules. some charge for checked bags now. some even charge for pop or water! I bring an empty water bottle through the check in and fill it at the drinking fountain. sometimes they will not let you though.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• if you are taking on board, everything has to be in ziploc baggies.. nothing more than 3 ounces.. but if you are checking your baggage, your good.. now, for your little one..go to the store and see if you can find the travel packs of formula, if she is formula fed, that way which ever airport you are at doesnt hassle you.. we ran into this a while a go with some friends.. but the travel packs make for easy identification.. take a pacifier that helps with cabin pressure. enjoy your trip, also, check your airport online and see what restrictions have changed.. cause i flew last year and I know some of the rules have changed..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2009