My 3 month old had her ears pierced today!

WHy do ppl think you should wait until their old enough to ask? I think the younger the better.. she will be use to them. What do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ready to get bashed for that one?!?

If I had a daughter, I would ger her ears pierced when she was 3 months old as well. I don't see the big deal.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I cried when my daughters had to get their shots because I had compassion for their pain. I cannot imagine bringing unnecessary pain upon them for my own vanity. That's what I think.

Anonymous

• I will prob get my daughters ears pierced early! I had mine done when I was a baby, & see nothing wrong with it.
    Anonymous

• I have a son & if I ever have a daughter I will definately get her ears pierced. When they are older you have to watch them & make sure theuy keep them clean & follow the instructions but when they are little you can take care of them & make sure they don't get infected.
    Anonymous

• They won't remember the pain though. I answered a ? that asked if you would rather have them pierced as a baby or as a teen and such and I opted for being a baby because I wouldn't remember the pain. I had them done when I was 9 and I still feel embarrassed that I cried in front of my oldest sister and her co-workers at the jewely store she worked at.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah anon 8:48, I forgot to add that mine got infected and I would wake up with pus on my hair.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think its mean and useless to pierce an infants ears. And I agree with pp that it is for the parents own selfish vanity to make the baby look "cute"...infants arent your personal dolls to put accessories on, they are humans that need you to take care of them, not inflict undue pain on them.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 11:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It seems as the older they are the more they mess with them!! Also the older the more infected prone cause they wont take care of them. Do it young... they wont remb or mess with them. And you will be the one caring for them so, less chance to get infected!!!!! No big deal~
    Anonymous

• my mom got mine done at 3 months. i think its better. I didnt realize they werent a part of me til i was 3 years old.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My daughter had it done @ 4 months. She never messed with them.. they didnt get infected! Shes almost 5 and all is well!!!!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009