has anyone or anyone you know ever had mrsa?

I just learned that my 17 month old has it. Her father had it but now he tests negative. How bad does it hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Health

• My SO's younger brother had it last year. He's an athlete, so it was common. I don't think it was too painful for him, but he was 16 at the time.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My friend and my cousin both got MRSA after orthopedic surguries. For my friend it wasn't too painful, but he had major flu-like symptoms. For my cousin, it was in his hip and incredibly painful...... he walked like a 70 year old man until they got it cleaned out.

The amount of pain depends on the extent of the infection and the site.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had it in my face and the infection got so bad that it spread throughout my body. Months of antibiotics cleared it up. And it was painful, but not enough to disable me, or even make me take an advil.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 12:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm a carrier. I dread hospitals because I'm pretty sure that's how it got into my body. I had my tubes tied and had months of problems after that. Infected milk ducts..........now THAT's painful!

How did your son contract it? Usually it's through surgery. Just remember that it's a fancy name for a hard to get rid of bug. It just makes infections harder to treat. Keep his hands as clean as you can and promptly care for cuts/scratches. The deeper it gets into the body, the longer the recovery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My brother in law had it and it took almost a year to get rid of it. My dad died from MRSA pneumonia.
    MRSA is usually contracted through the hospital. Good luck. Let us know how he is doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Her father had it but now tests negative so were thinking she might of had it for a while and is just now getting an outbreak of it... I'm not sure I don't know much about it. The nurse also told me it could be from daycare. We go back tomorrow to find out what's going on. I will post after that
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 7:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It is usually contracted in the hospital, but there are a lot of community aquired cases, now....schools, locker rooms, etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009