Do you buy your toddler's shoes a half size bigger if they won't be wearing them for another 2 months?

Okay here's my scoop - the sales lady at the store measured my daughter (she measures at an 8) and said to buy her an 8.5 (giving the 1/2 inch room for growth). I pick out sandals and she asks when I plan to have her wear them - I said 2 months from now (actually 7 weeks). She tells me to get a size 9. These look quite large on her and I am having trouble believing her feet will grow another half size in 7 weeks. Granted, the 8.5 may not get us through the entire summer, but really... won't a 9 be a size too big in 7 weeks?

Wanted to get other moms thoughts, experience, advice (I absolutely hate shoe shopping for my kids!). My daughter will be 3 in July, is 36" tall and weighs 28lbs.

tututwirls

Asked by tututwirls at 11:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A child can grow out of shoes overnight. I have had to take some of my children to the store barefoot because their feet grew so much during the night that the shoes they wore the day before wouldn't fit on their feet! I would get the sandles a full size bigger so she could wear them all summer.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 1:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yes
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Thank you for your help!
    tututwirls

Answer by tututwirls at 5:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2009