Need an answer quickly

My 15 month old is stuffy. I have the nose sucker thing, but she will not sit still for me to use it on her. Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Id just let her be give her some medicine and then try once shes calmed down..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would turn the shower on & let it run & get the room steamy while she sits in the bathroom it will make the mucas break up.
    If you can get her to stay in the bathroom with the door closed. Also Johnson's makes a vapor bath that works great if she loves being in the tub.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i have 2 answers

1. since its late put baby vicks on her feet and a pajama with footies to cover them up and then put a pillow UNDER her crib mattress to prop her up.. i don't know the difference in putting it on her feet or chest but someone told me to do that with my son and it worked so much better... and

2. this may sound harsh but it gets the job done... i lay my son down and straddle over him using my knees to hold his torso and arms to his side (not hard just enough to keep him from wiggling away) and then i have both hands one to hold his head so i can get to his nose and the other to use the snot sucker... keep a rag close to blow the snot into quickly and then to continue getting it all out. be prepared though they scream and cry but it gets it out and then when your done a comforting hug and i tell my son "it's ok the mean mommy is gone i'll save you" and he is fine...
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Keep him warm, and run a cool vapor humidifier.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 1:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• vaporier or grabe a second set of hands. my son would fight and it took both of us to get his noise. poor thing! hope your baby feels better
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• This may seem aweful but when my oldest was little I had to litterally pin him down to clean his nose. I would sit on the floor & put him between my legs, put his arms under my thighs, hold his head with my knees & put the bottom part of my legs over the bottom half of his body. Also don't just go straight up the nose go up & back sort of. Like someone else mentioned use Vickes baby rub on the soles of her feet with a pair of socks. Poor baby hope she get's to feeling better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• After 1 1/2 years of dealing with stuffy nose with my grandson, someone finally suggested saline drops in the nose to break it up. She won't like it much but it really works and they are cheap at the drug store. when i have to clean my gs nose or eyes i lay him on my bed with his feet at the edge and put a pillow across his chest and arms. i can hold the pillow down on the sides with my elbows and still have my hands free to hold his head and clean whatever needs cleaning
    jacobsnanna

Answer by jacobsnanna at 10:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2009