Is your blood presure going slightly higher a medical reason to have an induction or..

Do you think the doctor just wants to schedule a birth around his schedule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My oldest two were induced because of slightly higher bp. IMO, it wasn't necessary, but I wa in so much physical pain that I would have done anything to get them out!
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 12:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well my mother had BP with me and they had to hurry up and get me out because it was increasing wildly during labor and it looked like they were going to lose us both. So I wouldnt rule it out by any means.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• In my opinion a slightly higher BP is not a reason for induction, there can be many reason for your BP to be a bit on the high side..it doesn't have to mean pre-eclampsia at all. I think its another case of a doctor wanting to plan a birth around his/her schedule.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2009