Moms if you were a single mom at one point and remarried where did you meet your new husband or SO?

I'm a single mother of a four year old boy and it seems impossible to meet a decent man. I don't drink and don't want a man who does so going to the bars isnt really an option to meet men. I'm sorta shy. I'm not the partying type. I just have no idea where to start! I thought I was done with dating forever!!! Please let me know how to meet people/where etc! Internet dating isn't really an option for me either. I've tried it and just didn't feel comfortable with it :) Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• myspace lol im so serious..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try the gym or local rec centers (they're usually cheap). Or just be sure to do whatever you can outside of your house, like go to the mall even if it's just to hang out in the food court or walk around...and I honestly think the key is to open yourself up to meeting new people. Make eye contact, smile, and you'll meet people! GL
    jujubean003

Answer by jujubean003 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Myspace thats awesome yeah i mett mine online as well i talked to him online for a few weeks then talked to him on the phone and then mett him in a public place then we went from there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I met my DH at work!!! And we had already known each other for a while. Sometimes you find the love of your life at the least expected places. Sometimes its right in front of your eyes!!!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• mine walked right into my work,he asked me out after he finished his dinner. I had just those same feelings you are having,not a bar fly type myself, wanting a decent man. and was actaully having a shitty week and giving up on looking for a man. Then he came to me! try it and see.
    MRSBUSYMOM

Answer by MRSBUSYMOM at 4:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• he was a friend of my neighbors.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I was a single mom for 6 years before I found my DH (yes some dating just nothing that stuck) I met him in a bar, now I am not a drinker either, the funny part is that neither is he. We just live in such a small town area that there isn't much else to do.
    PS I had stopped looking when we met. It seemed to do the trick. It is the best relationship I have ever had!
    jordiegirl

Answer by jordiegirl at 7:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I met my SO at a unitarian church and I was not looking either. I think you should see if their are clubs or activities you can join. The less you are at home the more likely you will be to meet someone. I would stay away from online dating and singles groups though but that's just my personal feelings about that. Like in our town there are all sorts of social groups for ppl to hang out- playing games, going to the movies, sharing common interests. Do you have any hobbies that a man might like to do as well?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I met my fiance on match.com...
    I still can not believe it...We look at eachother and say that we can not believe
    that we met on match....who knew................::)))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I met my husband by chance...I wasn't looking for it and it walked right up to me...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2009