I am flying to Colorado with husbond and 10 month old. any tips?

I have never been on a plane and don't know what to expect. Anyone have any tips on flying with a 10 month old?

Jacksonsmom587

Asked by Jacksonsmom587 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Travel

• good luck! take along a few toys like books, teething rings if teething... something to keep baby occupied.

alabamamom12

Answer by alabamamom12 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I have flown a lot with my toddler, the first time was when she was 5 months old. Make sure you give your child something to drink when the plane takes off and lands. It will help their ears to pop with the pressure in the plane. It also depends on where you are flying from on how much stuff you need with you. Make sure you have an extra pair of clothes, diapers, snacks, toys, and sippy cup. If you have a portable dvd player, that usually works best, and have their favorite show playing. We flew from Hawaii to TN about 4 times, so I always had to have movies. If you are buying your child a seat, I would prefer having the carseat on the plane cause they are more comfortable in it, and know it. If they are sitting in your lap, make sure you bring a pillow to place under your arm while holding them. Hope this helps, any other questions just message me.
    armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• take a paci or two.. helps with cabin pressure. some toys. Pack her diaper bag full of stuff for her.. books, toys, snacks.. take lip balm for you, my lips always chap when i fly.. and i fly alllll the time.. if you are doing carry on, make sure you have everything in plastic bags, nothing over 3 ounces.. i think formula is the only exception, but they do make travel formula packs.. i saw them at the grocery store they were the coolest thing.. also, check with your local airport/airline for new procedures and rules...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2009