Dumb quest....

but can i give my baby that water with the fluride added, or do i need to mix it with something? He is a year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no idea what your taking about but I will check back to see if you get any good answers....I'm very curious about this"special water" allthough it sounds a bit off to me.....
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 12:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• its just like bottled water.except its got fluride in it.its a gallon jug...you find it in the baby isle.I just wanted to make sure I didnt have to use it to mix it with formula.I want to give it to him straight.He's not on formula and I dont dilute his juice or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It should be fine. You're talking about nursery water, right. It's perfectly safe it doesn't have too much fluoride in it in fact all tap water has a certain amount in it. It's will be good for his teeth. I would stop using it when he starts brushing his teeth with fluoride toothpaste because then it would be overkill and could has the reverse affect on his teeth. You good to go though! :o)
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 12:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sorry about all the typos I am holding a sleepy LO and typing one handed! LOL
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 12:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yeah thats what I was talking about! lol.Yeah I just didnt want it to be to much and he wakes up at night for sum-n to drink.I thought that would be good for him, but I thought i'd ask mommies who might know!Thanks!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Its alright I know how that is!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No prob! I read a lot! I have trouble putting him down to do anything so I sit here and BF and read random stuff all day! LOL
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 12:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• our city water doesnt have fluoride in it.. so when our son was 6 months old, our doctor perscribed him fluoride with vitamins in it, and he gets a drop every morning.. i think you should be ok to start giving small amounts to your baby
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2009