GENDER?

So my friend went in at 14 weeks to a 4D ultra sound and they told her she is having a boy! Has this ever happened to anyone else? At first I told her she was full of shit they couldn't tell but then she showed me the US where the pointer on the US says boy.

Tris_09

Asked by Tris_09 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got my 'gender' ultrasound at 16 weeks... the ultrasound tech told me you can tell at 12 weeks but they usually wait until 20 weeks so that there is no doubt what they are telling you is true. I found out early because I had a complicated pregnancy and with my medical history the doctor wanted to take every precaution so i went in for us every 2 weeks to check on the 'status' so yes they can tell but to cover themselves they usually wait... plus i was told it's easier to tell if your having a boy then if your having a girl and also the postion the baby chooses to lay in come time to have their picture taken :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My friend who is due in May found out at 14 week's she was having a boy too. I thought that was too early, but I guess not.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i found out at 123wks i was having a boy and that was on a regular u/s
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• YEAH WITH THE 4D U CAN FIND OUT AS EARLY AS 11 WEEKS
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You *can* find out early, but it's not always accurate.

I found out at 12 weeks we were having boys. There was NO doubt what we were seeing on the regular ultrasound, either. LOL

I didn't buy anything blue until after the baby was born, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2009