HOW CAN I GET MY 2 YEAR OLD TO STOP DOING EVERYTHING HIS LITTLE BROTHER DOES

MY 2 YEAR OLD DOES EVERYTHING MY 1 YEAR OLD DOES MY 2 YEAR OLD IS PICKING UP MY 1 YEAR OLDS BAD HABBITS AND MY 1 YEAR OLD IS PICKING UP THE GOOD HABBITS OF MY 2 YEAR OLD. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET MY 2 YEAR OLD TO STOP DOIN EVERYTHING MY 1 YEAR OLD DOES BOTH OF THEM ARE BOYS

tracy210

Asked by tracy210 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the beauty of motherhood! soon the 1 year old will be doing to the 3 year old. let them be boys they'll get on each other's nerves but there being sibling. i'm number 2 of 3. 5 years between me and the oldest and 11 between me and the youngest. i did it to the oldest and the youngest did it to me. it's just sibling thing
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• put him on time
    hkellogg

Answer by hkellogg at 9:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Enforce the 'what a big boy you are!' stuff. When ever he does something like a big boy make a big deal out of it. He may be a little jealous of the baby and does the 'baby' stuff to get the 'baby' attention. So when he copies the baby tell him something like ' you're a big boy. Not a baby. Big boys do this." And show him what to do instead. Also give him 'big boy' chores. Tell him only he can do it because he is the big boy. Let him help you do stuff. Even help with the baby.  Let him feel like a care giver.  Make it fun. It also helps to go on outings with just him. He will feel like he has you all to himself. I have gone through this 3 times and I'm in round 4. Those are some of the things I did. They helped a lot.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Also since they are both boys he will come in handy when it is time to potty train. Little sibblings love to do things like the older ones!

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i'm with sunshine. .. i have a 3 year old and a 14 month old. . . and when the younger was learning to walk. . the older would start walking really slowly and try to get a response from us. so i would ask the older to show me how she can jump big. she would do it and i'd praise her like i did the younger for his walking. it worked great and she's pretty much out of the whole "i'm gonna do what my little brother does" thing.
    rachelo

Answer by rachelo at 10:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009