how do you make homemade mac n chese with velveeta cheese?

Do you have to add anything else to the cheese & noodles or just melt it and pour it on?? My boys love the ones in the box but figured it's cheaper to get noodles & make it myself. Thanks in advance :]

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I just boil the noodles down and leave about an inch of water in the pan, add cheese chuncks to the noodles along with a little butter and either canned milk(which makes it creamer) or regular milk. You can either just put a lid on this and do my other cooking, stiring frequently or if it's the only thing you are making you can leave the heat on low and stir alot so it dosen't stick. If he loves his mac & cheese you can actually add cut up hot dogs or even a little ground beef and make it into a one pan meal for him, my kids usto love this for something different and it's easy.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 7:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Or maybe even a homemade mac n cheese that uses a different cheese?
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Boil noodles.... melt cheese in microwave using a little milk......mix cheese with noodles....viola!.....I add a little black pepper to mine...no need for salt.
    actress

Answer by actress at 2:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You don't. Splurge and buy real cheese. Not that Velveta crap.

Make elbows a little firm. Then add some home made sauce and extra sharp cheddar cheese in little chuncks. Mix it and put it in the oven mixing occasionally until the cheese is melted.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Boil noodles, while boiling I melt shredded cheese and milk , after melted I add a few tablespoons of cream cheese until it's melted. Drain noodles, mix in cheese sauce and put in a casserole dish. Put cracker crumbs mixed with melted butter on top. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350. I have also cut up little smokie links and mixed in the noodles before putting in the casserole dish. I usually use American cheese, it seems to melt the easiest.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009