HOW CAN I GET MY 2 YEAR OLD TO STOP REPEATING HIM SELF WHEN HE SAYS SOMETHING

MY 2 YEAR OLD ALWAYS REPEATS HIS SELF WHEN HE SAYS SOMETHING FOR EXAMPLE HE WILL TELL ME THAT HIS BROTHER HIT HIM OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND HE REPEATES HIS SELF LIKE 5-6 TIMES.

tracy210

Asked by tracy210 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he repeat it in a smaller voice?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Is he echoing the phrases? Meaning does he say them back to back?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When you find out, let me know. My 4 yr old DD still does it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Does he make eye contact with you? Does he do anything else you consider a quirky trait? I think you can get him to stop if you can get contact with him. I am not sure how to describe it...just real contact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i wouldnt worry, my lil bro did it for awhile, they just do it to reassure themselves. unless he does it in a strange or odd way, then i wouldnt worry.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my son did that. it's a phase. they will grow out of it. he's just learning repetition that's all no worries or anything
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• oooh my youngest does this and it drives me nuts.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My does that all the time. And it goes right through my husband. lol. Thinks its cute the first 10 times but after that hes like "ok son, cool it!' lol
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• LOL There's nothing you can do. Just let him be him and he'll grow out of it.

My DD does that. She's 2. She'll come up to me and say "EAT!" or "SNACK!" or "BABA!" like a million times, all while I'm in the process of getting her what she's asking for. She doesn't really stop repeating until she actually has it in her hands LOL
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My 3.5 year old does this when he wants us to acknowledge that we heard him. Even if we are sitting right there looking right at him, if we don't say anything he will repeat it until I say something like "Yes that is nice" or something else appropriate to the situation.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009