Acrylic Tips?

I used to get my nails done all the time & only once since my 20 month old son has been born. The reason is because someone told me that you can get hiv/aids from this & other diseases. Is this true or am I just listening to crazy people??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i've never heard of that.. but it could be true. who knows..
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Its possible if they cut someone (this actually happened to me the drill slipped and they cut my finger badly enough that I had to get two stitches! luckily i didnt get HIV! thats why i stopped getting my nails done!!!) and the person they had cut had HIV Disease and they didn't take proper measures t0 sanitize the equipment. I'd say its unlikely but i can happen.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• if you find a good salon, most proper salons will change the file right in front of you. you can always ask that a new one be put on the drill. It costs them pennies and if you are that concerned you can request it.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Some shops use actual industrial dental drills which are not even allowed by the state. The reason is they can cut skin very easily, and they are too heavy duty for a nail bed. That's not what they were made for. Sadly they do tend to get away with it. Try going to a salon and not a nail parlor. A lot of their equipment is different. I have never cut anyone with my electric or my hand file, ever, nor have I drawn blood. Go somewhere where they will take there time and be careful.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009