Was I wrong to cancel my baby shower?

My sister wanted to give me a baby shower, but she flaked out. I told my cousin and asked what I should do, and she said she wanted to take over. But she didn't do anything! I did it! I hadn't talked to her in two weeks til 2nite, and she acted so put out about it. Sis wanted to be back in on it, & I told our cousin. Sis and cousin wouldn't call each other to plan, though... They each called me. None of DH's family were going to show up, because they are hateful, and no one else had said a word about actually showing up to it. I apologized profusely in the texts, calls, messages, and emails I sent. I didn't feel up to having a house full of people who didn't want to come, but felt obligated, like my cousin and sister were acting. I am also not supposed to be doing much since I'm on some what of a bed rest and they are stressing me out! I shouldn't have to plan it when they said they would. So was I wrong to cancel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Nope. You were right. They acted badly. Sorry to hear that. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am so disappointed that I had to do this. :( What's more is that I am the one who plans all things like this for friends and family. I even planned a welcome home party for my FIL because his daughter is a reject and wouldn't do it. I definitely won't be planning anything else. If they don't care how I feel, I don't care about them, either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2009