I had my baby 2 months ago can i still breastfeed?

I have not been breastfeeding at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you still lactating? If you are still leaking atleast an ounce or two you probably could bring your supply back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sure, maybe. I have read that even mothers who adopted were successful at BFing. It doesn't always work but no harm in trying! Go to whattoexpect.com there is a lot of info in the book and I'm pretty sure there is some on the site too. Plus they have message boards specifically for BFing. If u can't find what your looking 4 I'll tell you what the book says.
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 1:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I believe you can if you start letting the baby suck often. I would suggest getting help from the Le Leche League, an organization specializing in breastfeeding.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 1:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You can. Will the baby latch at all? Do you have a pump? If so, what kind?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If you are still leaking anything you can give it a try, but if not you cant make it come back...sorry.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 7:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Absolutely!! The 1st step is getting baby to latch. I think at 2 months, s/he should still be pretty receptive but it will take some trying. Get an SNS system (a tube you tape to your nipple so the baby sucks at the breast but gets pumped milk/formula at the same time. I would recommend cutting the bottles out entirely so baby can relearn how to nurse. Once baby is actively sucking, that will start to increase your supply. You may have to pump in addition, especially in the early days as baby won't know how to suck well enough to stimulate your supply yet. You need to stay well hydrated, eat well, have some oatmeal, and some herbs. Here is tons of info on relactation: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html. Good luck! You won't regret giving your baby the best!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yep! Adoptive mothers who were never pregnant can have milk come in. At first it won't be much but you might want to start with pumping (even if you get nothing it is still letting the milk come in) then there is the tube that lets the baby suck from the breast while still getting food. Talk to a lactation counselor... a good one.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Please visit MY JOURNAL POST about relactating, it's way too long to post here. Hope that helps!

cali4niachef

Answer by cali4niachef at 10:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2009