what's with my taxes??

i checked the irs website and it said i was getting my taxes march 10th.. then i checked it about a week later and it said i was getting them back march 17th. anyone know the reasoning behind this?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• They are overworked.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• thats just an estimate. for some reason they might feel it needs to be overlooked a little better. I had checked my SO's one day and then the next and he was getting them 5 days sooner then the day before.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• how did you file and how are you getting it? turbo tax gae me a different date than the IRS and i always get them on the date the turbo tax says
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i did turbotax but i didn't e-file. i don't think turbotax gave me a date on when i should receive my return either.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I checked the IRS website and it gave me a later date the second time I checked but ours actually came afew days before the original date they had given us. I'd say just use it as a very loose guideline to go by.
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2009