Should I just pretend like nothing happened?

Friends of my DH and his brother came to visit us en route to their new home in Washington. I became good friends with the wife a last year, and we text and chat a lot on Myspace since they live so far away. We were having a great time! They rented a cabin by a near by lake so all our friends could hang out. So last night, they asked if I'd keep my kids out of school so they could fish and spend time with theirs. No biggie, the kids hadn't missed any days, so it wouldn't hurt. This morning I call my BIL to ask when he's going out there, and he told me they freakin left at 8am this morning and didn't tell anyone. I'm ticked! We all made plans and they couldn't be bothered to speak up? BIL even took off work! So should I send a message/call or should I just let it go? By the way, the cabin is ONE MILE from my house and they have to pass us to leave. They also said they'd come see us before they left.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I would ask and make sure everything is ok. Just check on them. Don't make a huge deal about it but I would say the kids were excited and BIL took off work, so we hope you guys are ok since our plans cancelled.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• no, i wouldnt pretend nothing happened i would text or call and ask what happened we were suppose to do stuff and you left why ?did something happen ? I would be upset after you had changed your plans and had the kids miss school and everything it was rude for them to do that to you sorry it happened to you i hope that never happens again hugs
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would be really mad, and I would call him on it. people breaking plans is a huge pet-peeve for me
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No, you need to ask what happened to the plan. And they need to know that you pulled your kids out of school for this outing. What the hell? If you don't say something, it will just continue to eat at you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i would ask shyt....and just ignore then bc all they will do is lie.!
    sunshyne251

Answer by sunshyne251 at 4:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would send a message that said "I hope everything is ok, we didn't expect you to leave so early." You never know, maybe something happened in their family or the kids were acting up...maybe the husband and wife had a fight....idk, I'd ask with concern and I'm sure they'll tell you.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• How well do you know these ppl? If I knew them pretty well I would ask what happened. If they are just new friends I think I would let it go. I suspect something happened that they don't want to discuss with you in that case I would let it go. I just don't see much in starting drama with folks I'm not really in with. Good Luck!
    gabrielle888

Answer by gabrielle888 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• what purpose would it serve? It's obvious they didn't choose to contact you. Let it go. Maybe they didn't want the kids getting out of school for something like that. Respect their decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You kept your kids home from school for them at their request! And others took off of work - I'd definitely say something. I wouldn't start out rude or anything but I'd definitely ask what happened? I thought you guys were going to come by for us to leave together? ...
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Um, they asked if I would keep the kids out of school. I did because they are moving so far away and we won't see them again for a long time. Years. Anyhow, they finally told my BIL that the reason they left is because they didn't think I was really going to let my kids come play and skip school. Ridiculous sounding to me. DH and his bro have known the husband since they were kids and the wife since my wedding in 1999. They have done this before...the first time they came a visited. They should be respecting the fact that they are the ones we all made plans around and if they had to change, they should have told us instead of burning out and leaving us all wondering.
    Anonymous