am i wrong?

so me and my boyfriend just started dating a couple weeks ago.. and he offers to pay for EVERYTHING. we were talking about taking a vacation and i said i didn't have the money and he said he'd pay. this was probably the 3rd time we talked about it and i still refuse. i just feel terrible making him pay, AND he wants to pay for my son too. am i wrong to feel this way? or should i let him pay?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• well at first i was going to say let him pay if he really wants to and if it was his idea ,but if you only started dating him a few weeks ago maybe tell him in a while down the road and he stills wants to then ok if your comfortable enough to let him
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When I first started dating my SO I would not let him pay for things, almost 3 years later I now will let him. It just didnt feel right to me to have him to then, I felt as if I was taking advantage of him even though I wasnt.
    babyjet07

Answer by babyjet07 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Just make sure he isn't trying to "buy" your love.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• LET HIM PAY!!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• with money comes power and with power comes control. Do what your gut tells you. You have only known him a few weeks. Take it slow if you want my opinion.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• What happened to old-fashioned courting? I mean seriously, if the man wants to pay for dinner, let him! The feminist movement screwed us and then we wonder why men think we should be doing more. Now going on a vacation together after dating for only a short time is WAY too fast. I wouldn't even be discussing that right now. But if you go to dinner or other dates, let him pay. Worry about big things later, it's too soon.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009