how can i get my 1 year old daughter on regular milk? her pediatrician just told me to give it to her just like that...i've tried and she doesn't take it...i've also tried mixing it with formula and still she doesn't even take one sip. what can i do? any advice?

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• add a lil strawberry or nesquick choclate. Just a lil bit to give it a better taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i had a friend who swore by this but find the nestle vanilla powder and slip a lilbit in it and the wean it off. make sure it's whole milk though until she's 2
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• if you give it to her all the time and that's all you give her, she'll obviously drink it if she's thirsty right? i did that with my son and now he loves milk!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Do you wam it first?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try making her bottles still warm and start out with one ounce of milk versus formula at a time. So, put the milk in...add water...then formula for however many ounces of water...shake and heat......do each step for about a week at a time until she is up to a full bottle of warm milk and then start making it cooler each time.....Maybe the subtle change little by little will work.....That's what I did and it seemed to work just fine...hope it does for you as well. Good luck.
    lnlflooringmom

Answer by lnlflooringmom at 2:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• add strawberry or chocolate my son didnt like no milk at all
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had to put chocolate in my son's milk. He DID not like the taste of regular milk.
    He's nine now & still doesn't.
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• well first of all do you really care if she stays on the formula longer? i kept my son on the advanced formula til he was 16 months... we decided to switch him when the twions were born to cut down on cost. if you agree to swtich her then try heating the milk for now, also flavoring it is an option, true you are adding sugar but if it gets the milk in her it is a good trade off
    tati17

Answer by tati17 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• if your determined to get her on milk, then dont give her an option. you may have to deal with a tantrum once or twice, but if she's really thirsty, she'll drink it. thats what i did and it worked great for me!
    MommaGoose2

Answer by MommaGoose2 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• My son hated milk at first also. So I put some water in it and he took it just fine. I put 2oz of water and 4oz of milk.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2009