I need short meal ideas!

I'd like some creative ideas & quick recipes for short meals/snacks. We're rather bored of PB&J around here!

Ophy

Asked by Ophy at 1:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• around here we like lunch meats on crackers with cheese and pickles, I cut them up and let them build them themselves and they love it.
    mini pizza's on english muffins are also really good. Fruit with yogurt and granola, put fruit on a tooth pick and serve them like hor'dourves
    stuff left overs in a pita or on a wrap and cut them into bite sized rounds
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We like quesadillas (sp?). I like the tortillas that come uncooked. I put one in a frying pan, flip it over, spread avocado, and shred cheese on it. DD is 20 months and I shred green peppers into it too. She has a harder time with chopped peppers.

I also like to make noodles with marinara sauce. You can pre make the sauce or the bottled. If you buy bottled, there are a couple brands that have a full serving of vegetables in each serving. For a quick meal, boil noodles, drain, add sauce and heat. Sometimes I add graded cheese, peppers, carrots, or other vegetables.

You can check parents.com. They have a ton of really easy, quick recipes.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I do quesadillas too, but I just buy tortillas, shredded cheese and tyson precooked, chicken. They have south western flavored chicken. I just fry them up that way with a little bit of vegetable oil and eat it with salsa and sour cream. Lots of times I'll do my daughter's in the microwave, then there is no grease, and it's softer for her to eat.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I cheat with dinner and buy the bagged stirfry meals. Then I add more pasta and meat to make enough for the whole family.
    Quesadillas are a great idea, also try other types of sandwiches! Mac and cheese is always good and I boil hotdogs in the same water while the mac is cooking, then cut them up and stir into the mac and cheese!
    Good luck
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• tuna/ and Mayo or cream cheese on crackers
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We like homemade pizzas on french bread. Just take loaf of french bread, slice in half, add pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella and some parmesan, and whatever meat and vegetable toppings you like. Bake at 400 til the cheese is melted and the bread is a little bit toasted.

We also like to take pita bread with hummus and tyson grilled chicken strips, we buy the pita pocket bread and spread the hummus inside then stick some of the grilled chicken strips inside, and top with a cucumber yogurt dressing. Serve a cucumber salad along with it and its a good, quick Greek meal.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009