WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS BIBLE VERSE...

I WAS READING ACROSS IT AND THESE WORDS ARE POWERFUL WHAT DO YOU THINK?

MATTHEW CHAPTER 7-14

BECAUSE STRAIT IS THE GATE AND NARROW IS THE WAY, WHICH LEADETH UNTO LIFE AND FEW THERE BE FIND IT..

I WANT TO BE IN THAT FEW HOW ABOUT YOU?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 2:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Back in the biblical days the narrow door through the gate was a small door in the huge gate where camals went through especially after the main gate was closed.

Witchqueen : To the Church in Laodicea
    14"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
    These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• By the grace of God I will be in that number!
    I believe Jesus is saying here that there is a broad range of ways to eternal death, but only one way to eternal life... Him! This relates to Proverbs 14:12 which says, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." And of course, John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Peace and blessings, Sis!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree! I want to be in the few! And, glory to God, by my Salvation,through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, I will be. Thanks,hinson for reminding us of that extremely important verse. That's one everyone should see. God bless you my sweetie!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ever wonder what the Lord's will is? How about It is not His will that any should perish, but all should come... (I wish I had the verse handy.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• fake
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Now the Lord gave us free will and many will throw away redemption and choose hell, but that is not God's fault for he did not hide "the Gate" or "the Way." Everyone is given the opportunity to "Find it." For we do not earn heaven through diligent search. We are given heaven by grace and some choose to reject it. Faith by grace and not by works.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Powerful verse, sadly not everyone will head it. Yes His WILL is that none shall perish but we have free will to choose to accept His LOVE or not. There are many "Christians" who still walk the wide path not having chosen fully to follow His word. He never said the journey would be easy but that He would be with us through it as long as we acknowledge Him and take His word serious. It is important to choose relationship with Jesus over relationship with the devil. He said this in the book of Matthew Chpt 7: True Disciples 21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, continue...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
    Shaneagle777

• oops I meant heed it not head it.
    Shaneagle777

• amen Shaneagle i did read hat verse too.. That is deep!!!!
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009