my daughter is almost 8 months old and doesnt sit herself up. She will sit up unsupported if we do it,but then she will reach for something and get back up when she falls over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you talked with her pediatrician about this? Children develop at substantially different rates. It might be nothing. The only way to be sure is to discuss it with the pediatrician.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 3:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• the ped is only looking at the fact that even we sit her up she sits there unsupported
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If the pediatrician has all the information and doesn't seem concerned, it may not be something to worry over.

If you are really concerned I would just keep mentioning it. Sometimes pediatricians need a little prodding before they'll give you any real answers. And of course, you could always get a second opinion if possible.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• There is a wide range of what is normal. It just isn't time to freak yet. Sounds like she is really close to doing it on her own and that could be why the pedi isn't worried yet.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my son is 8 months old, and when he topples over.. he cant get all the way back up, unless he's next to something.. if the Ped isnt worried, i wouldnt worry, kids develop at a wide range... i mean some babies walk at a year, some sooner, some later.. just because a book or another mom says baby did this at such and such age, doesnt mean your baby will do this.. my son said his first word at 5 months, doesnt mean that the next words came right after that.. we are still working on it.. im not worried... its like in one of my groups, the mom who has a crawler at 5 months.. thats rare, doesnt mean its the norm.. relax...... she will up right herself, when she does it.. might be today, might be tomorrow, or next week...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I meant to say she cant get back up.. she will try to hold on to something and just ends up laying down
    Anonymous