Should children be allowed to bring dad a beer from the fridge?

At any age?

sunshyne251

Asked by sunshyne251 at 4:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't want a two year old carried a glass bottle, but I don't see anything wrong with an eight year old carrying a beer to a parent. As long as they aren't doing anything illegal (ie taking a sip) I don't really think it's an issue.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• That is a very good question. My husband doesn't drink a lot but we do have them in our refrigerator. Our son who is 4 knows that they are an adult drink for daddy. My husband has never asked our son to go get him a beer and I don't think he ever will because that is what I am for (or so my hubby tells me, lol)

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The kids in our family always did it and still do, but they just like getting the ice in the cooler...LOL. We've never had a problem, I think it's a personal choice for each parent.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 7:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Absolutely!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sure, why not?
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i don think its a big deal,..as long as the kid isnt your "beer bitch" all day! ;)
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No and hes y.... Think at a small age they think they dont know what it is and its fine, i disagree cause there not your slaves... Also when there older they will want it more if its there.. plus they could say.. "hey dad or mom wants it" and then off to there room with it they go.... Im not for the childern go get things no matter what it is...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i don't see anything wrong with it, we don't allow glass beer bottles on my property because summer time if often bearfoot time and don't want the possibility of broken glass around, so everything is aluminum. like a pp said they like to get a piece of ice out of the cooler and it makes them feel like they are being helpful....it's not a big deal to me...i guess it's up to the parent to decide....
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Is he REALLY that lazy that he couldn't get it himself?? Honestly...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sure, as long as they know its for adults only. It's the same as getting mom a soda to them. Kids like to be helpful.
    Jacksonsmom587

Answer by Jacksonsmom587 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009