when your water breaks

this morning i was standing in the kitchen and all of a sudden i felt this trickle down my leg, it was nothing major just a small stream when i went to the bathroom to wipe my leg the fluid looked like watered down milk. can anyone tell me what this is, last night i had a really bad stomach cramp in my lower abdoman it felt like a really bad period cramp, after this morning i have been having the same type of cramp but off and on and really spaced apart, someone please tell me what is going on i am kinda worried about it. is this labor or just braxton hicks again

mrswarner08

Asked by mrswarner08 at 5:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my water was a clear liquid... it was just like water. What I was told to do was to lay down for half an hour - if when you stand back up there is another trickle then contact L&D
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• sounds like chlamydia or gonorhea or b.v. go see your doc!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my fluid was clear also. If yours has color I'd call ASAP to Land D.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My water was basically clear as well, but tinged with a bit of blood ~ which is normal, so don't worry if that happens to you. It should smell earthy and it cannot run out, so as you move around it should continue to leak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sounds like the discharge many women get during pregnancy. It is normal to have a LOT of discharge, and it doesn't mean you have an std or that your water broke. From your description, it really doesn't sound like it was your water. But there is a very simple test they can do at your docor's office, if that will ease your mind.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yeah called your doctor right away. When my water broke it triggered contractions. And every contraction I had a gush of water. But just a little tricke could be it. Good luck!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I's say it's just discharge as well. It doesn't mean she has an STD, grow up people! I have white discharge and I'm 100% positive I am STD free. I think it's perfectly normal to have more discharge during pregnancy... So just wait to see if you have regular contractions and I also think your water is clear and water like...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i can tell you now i am std free. thank you all for the answers, i did go to the doctor today and she told me that is my body producing extra estrogin which is normal before labor
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009