Advice please.....

My LO (10 months) has a bad cold/cough......no real fevers but the cough is terrible. Any advice for how to make her more comfortable until it passes?

Kimebs

Asked by Kimebs at 7:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the cough sounds like a seal "barking" I would take her to the dr it could be croup. and you need to get that taken care of! Other wise the vaporizor and try vicks BABY on the bottom of the feet with a pair of socks! They say that helps. oh and use a vicks bath by J&J they are the best!!!! Hope your little one feels better soon!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 7:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• have you taken her to the doc? we use a vaporizer that usually helps but i would definitely see the doc if you havent already. good luck hope she feels better
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Vapor bath, for babies it'll relax ur LO also help clear out some of the muscus (sp?) saline drops in his nose will help also. sorry ur little one sick hope he gets better.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 7:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Vicks vapo rub for babies and a cool mist humidifier should help.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had another mother tell me that she put Vicks on her son's feet (granted he's 8), but they make the baby Vicks, so maybe you could try putting it on their feet. I tried it on my son as well who is also 8 and he sounded much better in the morning! Put on a pair of socks like babymaddy said. Feet absorb more oils and stuff, so it will keep it away from LO face, but give lots of the benefits.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009