my new brn has whit liquid leaking out of her eyes. what is this?

does anyone have any ideas?

tattooedmomma23

Asked by tattooedmomma23 at 7:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My lil girl had it to when she was born (got it from her dad) but I know it's o.k. I can not think of the name off the top of my head but talk to her doctor if u want to know more. They may have something u can give her. But I just keep my lil girl face clean all the time she still have it but not as bad.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 7:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I don't think it's anything you need to worry about unless it turns green or yellow and making the eyelids closed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Thank you both
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• it's prolly a clogged tear duct. happens a lot in newborns. take a wet (but not soaked) washrag, and gently rub/pull the corner of the eye towards the nose. do this several times a day.... it helps clear it up
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• hmm, havent heard of that color.. but when my son was 9 days old, got a viral infection or a clogged tear duct.. they didnt want to run tests on him, but they gave me drops for the viral just in case, and they went a way.. but clogged tear ducts are the number one discharge from newborns.. if it had been a bacterial infection ( thats pink eye) i would have gone thru the roof.. BIL's kids were touching the baby and one hadnt washed his hands.. I was soooooo pissed. If it continues for another day or gets worse today, call your Ped just to check in... if you clean the eyes... make sure they are closed and wipe downward.. also, how new are we talking.. cause im also wondering if its the last bit of the goop they put over babies eyes, to keep infection out... ( i forget the technical term for the goop) LOL
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The doc put her on eye drops and sent a culture out. Thank you ladies
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009