Obama gave the Brittish Prime Minister movies, The prime minister gave him historicle gifts....

Movies..really? br />

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1159627/To-special-friend-Gordon-25-DVDs-Obama-gives-Brown-set-classic-movies-Lets-hope-likes-Wizard-Oz.html

He was given gifts of historicle significance. ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet, a framed commission for HMS Resolute and a first edition of the seven-volume biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert. Also the children got an outfit each from Topshop and six children's books by British authors which are shortly to be published in America.

The man is not known to particularly like movies so that wasn't the reason. This is emberassing. It doesn't seem very classy or like much thought went into it. I know I give movies when I am in a rush. In fairness Bush gave him a fur lined Jacket that wasn't his style..but MOVIES? Do you think it appropriate?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• MOVIES?!

He should be impeached.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree, Impeach him for idiocy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• And this after he sent back the bust of Winston Churchill that was gifted to the US after 9/11. Wonder if Obama even KNEW who Winston Churchill was;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I forgot about that one.

He's an idiot.
    Is nothing in the world sacred?
    Gosh, what's living in the White House?
    Sickening............
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Brown should have given him an itchy wool sweater with no sleeves in Red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Lack of culture and fine raising.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Wouldn't you people have complained otherwise if the Prez had given Brown a more expensive gift? That the Prez should be more $$$$ conscious, ya'know save a few bucks in these economic hard times? No pleasing some of you people, I guess!
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 12:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2009