im 5 months pregnant and is it normal not to feel your baby move that much at 5 months

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 5 months too and when I'm doing something then no I do not feel the baby move but if I'm looking at T.V. or just sitting down (not doing to much) I feel the baby move all the time.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 8:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• normal, yes.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It is b/c the baby is getting to the stage where there is not as much room to move around. So you dont feel them move as much b/c they cant. so its normal.

Try laying on your left side and eat chocolate. Lay still for a while. The chocolate should stimulate the baby and laying on your left side is best for the baby's blood flow through the cord.

It really works. I use to check my baby all the time like this when I was worried. Good Luck ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm 6 months and my baby is like the first post. If I'm busy she is sleeping, if I'm sitting and relaxing then she seems to move a lot more.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• When you're moving its like rocking a baby to sleep. Thats why you dont feel them. I didnt feel my son till I was 6 month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• its very normal just wait till you hit about 6 1/2 or 7 months then they have this need too throw a fit all the time if you do not do what they want its kinda funny
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• That and a lot of times when your busy people dont realize that their baby is kicking. Ya'll are still kinda early in the pregnancy, so the kicks wont be as strong. Not only that, my doctor told me that by 5/6 months your baby should beable to hear things out side of your tummy. If your around a lot of noise it might make your baby be still cause of the comotion scaring them. good luck guys.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i am 4 months and i only feel the baby move when i am sitting down not doing nothen
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2009