HELP how do i take care of 2 kids that are not my own and my own?

about 2 weeks ago i took in 2 kids. i will be taking care of them for about a year.
thire my frreands kids she is in jail right now so i told her i would take care of them. she is going to be in jail for 8 mounts.
i already haVE 3 of my own kids. and right now i live whith my parents.
any advice is good about rasing kids thats not your own. when they ask where mommy is do i tellthem the true? how do i make my kids undrestand why they are there and teach the to shire whith them?
i am not ligale garedan so what do i do about papers for thows tow kids if need parent singcher? do i give them the same rules i give my kids? do i dissipline them?
any help is needed
HELP

youngmmom

Asked by youngmmom at 8:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you are their primary care giver then they need to be treated like you treat your own, they should get the same rules and consequinces that your kids have, if not their will be some resentment, it's not fair to have 2 sets of rules with that many kids in the house and it will go easier if you just treat them as your own.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• First if you are going to be their primary caregiver for the next year your friend needs to give you temporary custody and yes you treat them as your own, they need to have the same rules as your kids. I think you need to sit ll the kids down and explain what is going on and how you will all have to work together.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• this is a hrd one but if you are goingt o be taking care of the kids i would treat them like you treat your own kids .and i wou ld tell them that there mom will be back soon she is just getting some help she needs well thats if they are to young to understand .and your kids should share with them anyway tell your kids they have to share and that they will be satying with you guys until there mom gets home .good luck and that was nice of you to do this for your friend
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009