IS THIS NORMAL

my 4 mounth old still dont sleep all thought the night is this normal?
at what age did your kids staret sleeping all thought the night?
i have been so tired lattly wghith haveing to wake up whith him at night but i have to have enery to talkcare of my other kids

youngmmom

Asked by youngmmom at 8:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Completely normal. Some kids don't sleep through the whole night until they are 2. I believe anytime before one it is acceptable to need to get up and eat. Try and catch a nap if you can. If not, then carve out sometime where a relative can watch them and you can get some rest. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My son didn't sleep thru the night until he was 3 (he's 8 now). Even then, sometimes he'd wake up and get in my bed during the night. My 2 year old daughter sleeps thru the night, most nights, now.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'll let you know when mine does. She's 7 months old and still wakes up about 3 times a night.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It's completely normal. Mine is 10 1/2 months and still wakes numerous times to nurse. We co-sleep so it's not too much of an intruder on my own sleep.

You could try co-sleeping, but if that's not desirable to you, buy a copy of The No Cry Sleep Solution, by Elizabeth Pantley.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 7:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009