As a citizen of the greatest country, are you embarrassed for your Pres.?

It's in the Odyssey, the rather sacred act of giving a gift as a host. The UK Daily Mail reports that when President Obama and UK Prime Minister Brown exchanged gifts:

... despite being leader of the world's most bountiful nation, President Obama handed over nothing more thought-provoking than 25 classic American films on DVD.

For his part, the visitor

... gave Barack Obama an ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet - once called HMS President.

The unique present delighted Mr Obama because oak from the Gannet's sister ship, HMS Resolute, was carved to make a desk that already takes place in the Oval Office in the White House, after being presented by Britain to the US in 1880.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he should be. Britain has been our biggest ally over the years and he's all but spat in her face several times already.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• AM I embarassed? No, not at all. But Obama should be.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes, sad to say. I've been embarassed of him,and for him since long before he was ever inagurated. He has no clue what he's doing,and everyday, he proves that over and over. MOVIES? Are you serious? Well,there goes our diplomacy with Great Britain. What's next? He's gonna give the keys to Washington,D.C. to Bin Laden?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It is SICK that Obama treats our closest ally like crap and panders to the Islamic militants!!! HELLO AMERICA!!!!! Do we really think this man will bring the change we need/want--only to Socialism.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No, because it was well thought out.

He is putting Britain in her place.
    This man hates America, and naturally hates Britain since Britain has always been our strongest ally.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am embarrassed for the present American President, but I have been embarrassed by most of the past presidents too. They have all made mistakes, done stupid and downright disgusting things at some time or another, and this instance is a little less embarrasing than some that have been done in the past, ohh, say 50 years. You don't think Obama ran out and bought the DVD's himself do you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Link to your story.
    And what is wrong giving him movies. Those movies are hard to get in Europe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yeah, I the gift was pretty lame, but seriously haven't you ever done that? Like your friend gives you something WAY nicer for Christmas than what you got her? I don't know I think both the President and the Prime Minister have bigger issues to worry about than gifts.
    LeilaR1

Answer by LeilaR1 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Obama should be extremely embarassed, but his actions don't surprise me.
    amberdy

Answer by amberdy at 9:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Complaining about him won't change the fact that he was elected. It won't change the situation our country is in, so instead of complaining about trivial issues like DVD's v. Penholder, why are you not actually doing something??? Take action beffore you complain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2009