does anyone do a "dream feed" with their baby? What do you think of the concept?

esw16

Asked by esw16 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WHAT?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• What is dream feeding? I know that I have dreamed lately that I had fed my little ones in the middle of the night only to wake up to a hungry baby and have no clue why... Is that what you're referring too? If so, that makes me feel horrible that I didn't wake up, but then again, exhaustion sucks! I'm interested to see what other responses you get
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It's a babywise term. Google Ezzo.

Personally I feed on demand. My children know when they are hungry, and it isn't up to me to decide that they are not.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Nope. I woke my child to feed her (per the doc orders). Once she'd gained enough weight, she feed on demand. No reason to force feed a child. That just seems dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• YES!!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ha! I guess I was a little off on my interpretation!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• when he was under a month old, i fed him on demand, but by the time he was 2 months old, he was sleeping solid thru the night, and on the rare occasion that he did wake up, i usually changed his diaper, and he went back to sleep.. I never dream fed our baby. Once a baby reaches their birth weight after they get home, and are holding their own, they should be able to sleep several hours without a feeding and once an infant is a bit older, that time gap spreads out.. our son is 8 months old, and i can count on one hand how many times he's woken up in the middle of the night, and its because his last bottle of the night was to late, and he soaked his diaper, so his last bottle of the night is actually at like 5pm, and has been this way for several months..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I sleep with 2 pillows and I caught myself one night holding the other pillow as I hold my baby to eat. I guess I had a dream she was hungry and grabbed the pillow and tried to feed it. Luckily, I didn't go to the trouble to pull my boob out.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009