Help, do you let your children play Oblivion that is rated M when it says it has sexual content?

My 10 year old has a friend that has the game and the mom asked if it was okay. When I told her no she said there was nothing wrong with it in her opinion so I allowed it. Then he ordered the expansion pack and I noticed it says rated Mature with sexual content. I would like to know what is the sexual content in the game?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I don't know about that specific game but with our Wii, our DS and our gamecubes, I am very adherent to the ratings on the front of the games. They are there for a reason. M for mature is the HIGHEST rating a game can get as far as I know and NO way would I allow a 10 yr old to play it. SOunds like another mom has a serious flaw in judgment. Granted its not the only thing to blame for kids bad behavior, but its very influential. Don't misjudge how other media such as tv, music, and movies, and games influences your children. It does and even more so if they spend a lot of time in front of it. I am not trying to give this "perfect mommy" answer, because i hate those, but I am being real. Monitor what comes into your home by looking at it yourself. good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Hm, I didn't get the expansion pack I think... but as far as I can remember from playing oblivion (I haven't played it in a year or so) there's no sexual content. I'm wracking my brain to remember but I seriously don't.... hm... Let me see what I can find.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 2:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Hm.. It says sexual "themes". As far as I remember from any game (I"m thinking back to similar titles like fable, fallout, etc.) There's concepts like "sex" and "courting" but none of it is shown. At the most the screen goes black and you hear some "OOHS" and "AAHS." I think the M rating came mostly from the blood and gore.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 3:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• No I will not let my kids play that kind of games becouse they are not ready.
    Mudpie123

Answer by Mudpie123 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2010