Why do i act this way?

Everytime i have all three of my kids at home i seem to yell alot. i make them stay up in their rooms and leave me alone. I think i need help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• what are they doing just being crazy maybe more disapline is needed for them not to act up but they are kids while dont you talk to your doc about thisand see what they say .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Good for you...now what are YOU going to do to get help? We can give you ideas and opinions, but you need to take the next step. Go to the library and check out some books on personal improvement. Learn to meditate/pray - make sure you're getting enough exercise and "you" time. Find YOUR triggers. Talk to a counselor or therapist (or even just a really good Honest friend). Talk to your kids and see what they have to say about why you behave as you do - they are great observers of human nature. And always make sure that after you're done yelling, you talk to them and repair the relationship so they don't associate you with "mom who always yells first." Good luck!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Are you overloaded? Do you feel you need time for yourself? Do you need time for relaxation or for working on a hobby? It may be that there is nothing wrong other than the fact that you need time to recharge your batteries. Sometimes mommies have so many demands to meet: husband, marriage, household, children, job, housework, errands. It can make you crazy if you don't have quiet time of your own to do something you enjoy. Everyone needs time to get away from the house, the kids, the responsibilities, and just be carefree and have fun for awhile.

I've been through this and I can tell a big difference in the way I feel when I have had time to get away and do something I enjoy. It would be a good idea to talk to someone, especially if you feel you are on the edge and desperate. Don't let things get to a breaking point.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I find that I can't handle my 3 year old when I don't spend enough time with him. As long as I put time away for him, like an hour or two to play playdough, dinosaurs, whatever he tends to behave better. The days that I don't put time aside for him, he is an absolute terror! I am not saying that you aren't spending enough time for them, but, maybe. It's just an idea.
    Anonymous