Does anyone know

The family dog got out last night and still isn't home. I have put adds on craigslist, and petfinder, and called all the local shelters. Does anyone know of other organizations that will let you put a lost pet ad on their site? I am also prinint flyers, I just dont feel like Iam doing enough.

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 9:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Try the local newspaper, Some places let you place a lost & found ad for free.

Print up some flyers on your puter with a picture of the dog, his name and your addy and phone number with LOST in big red letters at the top.

Staple these to telephone poles in your neighborhood, and ask nearby store owners if you can tape one up in the window or if they have a bulletin board.

Good luck on getting your pet home.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• sounds like your doing alot. good luck hope you find him
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Pet stores and vets will also let you put up ads. I don't know of any websites that do.

I'm sorry your dog is missing. Good luck getting him home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• ya my friend went through this also.print fliers and put them on polls. and word of mouth.this was a beautiful shelty so we think someone stoll her.what an awful thing good luck
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The online newspaper sites for your area should have free classifieds for Lost/Found pets and also try the Penny Saver online site. I think thats free too.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Don't for get to put out an alert with the local dog pound. If he/she is chipped you need to let them know. Call your vet and tell them he is missing and be on the look out for someone that might bring him in or call to see if they know his owners. Was he wearing a collar with his tags? Is he on special meds if so list that on the flyers. The news paper in our county does list lost pets for free. Make sure you add a pic of him and your phone # and address. My cat was lost for 5 days. Someone had him and saw the flier and returned him. I even offered a reward. Local pet stores sometime have bulletin boards to post lost or found animals. Hope it isn't really cold where you are and he is found really soon. Good luck.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009