praying

It's has become next to impossible for me to pray anymore. My head does not stop. There are things that i am constantly thinking about. I begin to pray and before i know it i'm not anymore, im thinking about somrthing else entirely. And i don't even know how long ago i got off track.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe you aren't "off track". God knows our thoughts and desires. Maybe you and he are just having a conversation and you needed him to hear those things. Divine intervention is a grand thing!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try shorter bursts of thankful praise.

It doesn't have to be a long, drawn out kind of thing.

But why is your mind racing? Use prayer to help figure that out.

Good luck.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Before you go into prayer, I would make a list of things to pray for first. Then when you start you can look at your list and decide to pray for each request a certain amount of time.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I talk to God all day, I just say Dear Lord Help with this, or what am I going to do, DL thank you for a great day etc. I do it while I'm driving.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If you feel like prayer needs to be kind of formal, try writing your prayer out. It will make you concentrate on it more.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yeah talk to God about everything that is a great idea gammie
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• a wise man once told me that when he prays he takes a notepad with him, that way when these off topic things bounce into his head he jots them down and then goes back to praying.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 1:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think it is wonderful that you are giving it so much thought and effort. I think people gave you some great ideas.....and maybe your prayers are leading you to think about what you are thinking about when you start out to pray. I like quite a few of the suggestions given....see what works for you!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2009