definition of adultry (for those who are confused!)

articles

Adultery

AdulteryAdultery, voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than the lawful spouse

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• what makes you think we are confused? what is your question anyway?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• why would we be confused? who doesn't know what that is?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• And the definition of DUH is.....
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• LOL ginger
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Soooooo, have you committed adultry and are now trying to wiggle your way out of having to admit it by playing the semantics game. If you cheated, emotionally or physically, you committed adultry. There are no gray areas.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree with your newly found definition however, I disagree with jesse's opinion about the emotional part. It's not adultery....as proven by the original poster's definition. Emotional attachment has nothing to do with adultery. (see definition again if it's muddled for you).

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• sorry but i don't believe there is ONE set of rules.
    as a Christian I believe looking at another woman is adultery (yes im a prude)
    & yes i believe EMOTIONAL affairs is adultery.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• sorry hit answer too soon lol
    my definition doesn't have to be whatever else's is. . .A lot of people disagree with what i believe & that's fine. Honestly I don't mind... to each their own I say :)
    My DF & I both agree on the def of what adultery means to us & that is what matters. Not what Websters dictionary defines it :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm an atheist and I will back up Coltsfan's Christian belief of adultery in one way...emotional affairs are adultery and in my experience are even more devastating than a physical affair. My first husband had a physical affair when he was serving overseas in the Army and that was way easier to get over than the emotional affair I discovered between my current husband of 10yrs and my former best friend last year. And they weren't even discussing love or anything...but he got into the habit of talking to her more than me and it was definitely headed in that direction. He didn't realize it until I brought it to his attention and then he saw what he was doing and where it was heading and he broke down and apologized and we started counseling right away. I don't think he meant for it to happen and he never meant to hurt me, but it still haunts me today...a year later. It rocked us to the core and we are still recovering.
    Anonymous

• no its actually in response to someone else's question but she closed it before I typed in the definition. She ssays she doesn't believe she committed adultry but still being legally married and having another man's child. This actually came directly for a christian website. I believe there are many forms of adultry.
    Anonymous