Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing this........

I was searching the web, and I was reading about couples going over to Europe and other location out of the Country to receive affordable IVF treatment and other Infertility treatment.

Asked by Mrs_Kay at 9:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I haven't heard of it, but it's not something I've researched. I would think, though, that the cost of travel and such would make it the same if not more expensive than just having it done here.

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree. It would seem that the cost of everything would make it if not the same, then close to it. Plus, tursting doctors that you can barly understand? Thats not something I would want.

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes, it's called medical tourism. From what I have read I think a lot of people actually travel to places like India and Chekoslavakia. When the Octomom story first broke I assumed that must have been what she did.

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Hey, good way to get a trip to Europe in, right?

Answer by burning_woman at 1:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I know of people that have done that, just like there are people that come here from overseas. South Africa is another big IVF destination.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009