Does it surprise you even Newsweek admits we are headed towards socialism?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/183663/page/1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ultimately the article asks the question: "Will this work?" We have yet to find out.

I think the question should be " What happens if it doesn't, what comes after socialism ?"

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 10:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Not one bit. Knew this would end up happening.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No surprise here
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• no way, i saw that on the news stand lol i thought it was funny.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes and no, II don't think that the issue has just come up in the last few months either, the current recession has occured when the govt allowed and even encouraged banks to lend to people who could not afford their homes, eventually the ripple effect got everything involved. There must be govt control on certain things, like water in cities, or we would see things like gas going for $7-8 when typical prices are around $3. The people here can't have it both ways, control until we see fit is ridiculous...we must accept the fact that companies don't have our best interest in mind, their own remains key. but where do we draw the line is the complicated task set at hand
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 9:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• what next? were gonna listen to fox?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• anon at 900
    Newsweek was the magazine that was called Obamaweek, because it propelled him in the spotlight every 2 weeks. You don't understand the significance of the question OR the article content. Obviously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Why would this article scare me?
    In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it several weeks ago when I received my weekly issue of Newsweek. It's an objective look at the comparisons that can be drawn between the direction we're headed and the way things are done in other countries.
    Ultimately the article asks the question: "Will this work?" We have yet to find out.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yeah actually it does. I didn't hink they had it in um.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• For Newsweek to publish such an article so soon, I would say there are some important people asking all the right questions almost in time. I'm glad to see the left is starting to hammer him so soon. I love it!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009