Has anyone been this stupid to you?

When I was only 24 weeks pregnant with my third baby I went into pre-term labor. I was in the hospital room being monitored while they tried to stop my labor. My aunt and cousin (mother and daughter) came into my room to see me. They were being SO stupid! saying things like "you haven't had that kid yet!?", "just push real hard", and "come on, its time to have that baby". Do they not freaking realize how stupid that is. My baby could DIE! Dumbasses... anyone else want you to have a an early baby??

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 9:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My Goodness, not that early!!! That is REALLY stupid, my hubby was born at 26 weeks and my family would never want to go through that again. He was in the NICU for months and still came home with gadgets. I thought my MIL was bad for wanting baby to come now, it started last week though. I'm 36w 2d though.... so most likely baby would be okay. That's just ridiculous! That IS life or death at 24 weeks.... What were they thinking...!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My water broke at 28 weeks and my sisters were talking me into inducing. They were telling me that after your water was broken for 24 hours your baby is probably going to die. WTH?! I carried my daughter to 33 weeks. Do the math, sis, thats 5 WEEKS of breken waters. I delivered a healthy baby girl with no complications, just really tiny. hang in there mama, hope it all works out for you.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We gave the hospital a paper saying no visitors were allowed in the labor/delivery room because I didn't want to deal with anything like that.

People can be such idiots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yeah, not trying to confuse, haha.. my baby is 18 months old now, but I still think about how dumb these people are. And my water was broke for 24 hours, infection setting in is the concern (and it did for me). So i'm confused, how did you have your water broke that long?? did it not all leak out or what?
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It's a common misconception that your water is all you have. It is constantly replinishing itself.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• That is stupid! WTH are they thinking? My friend had her baby at 25 wks. She was in the hospital for 8 months, came home for almost 4 before she passed. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• that is awful i would have bitch slapped the shit out of both of them family or not hang in there my daughter did the same thing too me gave us a big scare for a while but in the end she was born at 39 weeks and she was just fine she just turned 5 and is all excited cause now she is having a sister and so far this little one is staying put good luck and also let the hospital know if anything else happens you do not want them too be allowed there
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• She's 18 months old now, They stopped my labor, she was born on her due date. guess I should have added all that into the question, lol.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 11:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm so sorry :( That is such a scary time, I can't believe they acted like that. My daughter was born at 26 weeks and she died - it's definitely not a joking matter.
    Mommy2BabyBrie

Answer by Mommy2BabyBrie at 1:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2009