Who cares if Obama uses a teleprompter more than other past presidents?

I was just reading an article on yahoo about Obama's use of the teleprompter for his speeches. It said that he uses it more than any other past president has. I could care less! My concerns are the economy, job loss, foreclosures, healthcare and so on. Why does anyone care if he uses it for making a speech?? In my opinion, maybe he wants to make sure he says everything that he wants to with the use of the teleprompter. I've always been the type of person that will remember something I wanted to say later on and am annoyed with myself because I forget to say it. What's everyone else think?

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• so then... you do care? Oh shit, Grammar Nazi day ended already. Setting that aside, I DO agree with you that I couldn't care less about whether he uses a teleprompter. I wouldn't even care if he scribbled notes down on the palm of his hand; it's his actions that I care about, and so far, I'm unimpressed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It shows his continual ineffectiveness and inadequacies as a speaker, who can't freely speak what he believes. His speeches are planned word for word and written by other people. If he had to go without a teleprompter, the masses would flee in horror from all the stuttering and stammering and words by the millions with no content. Him and Gibbs make a great pair.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It makes you wonder how he will speak "off the cuff" . Everyone says he is an eloquent speaker, hmmm its easy to be eloquent when its scrolling on a screen in front of you . Is he going to take the "teleprompter" everywhere he goes for the next 4 years ? hmmmm
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 10:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I don't, everything he says is wrong, teleprompter or not
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It just goes to show that he is not even writing the things that he is saying. He is just a puppet in this administration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

Well said!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• well at least the person writing his speeches knows how to make the country believe his lies
    sory but i would like a president that can speak his mind not what he has to read that someoen else wrote
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I thought all presidents had people that write (or help write) their speeches? Not defending NObama just saying, I didnt think that was something new or suprising.
    Anonymous

• Being able to spew that much rhetoric to so many people on such a time constraint isn't easy. Especially when you can't talk any faster than a dog can chew peanut butter. He makes me think of Mel Tillis, the man could sing great when it was all planned out and rehearsed and written by SOMEONE ELSE. but when left alone to speak all he did was stutter and stammer. Poor thing, I liked Mel. Obama, not so much. But yes, as far as Obama's speaking goes he's almost as good as Gibbs who sometimes just stands at the podium staring at his shoes. Someone should put a sticker on his shoes that says " what are looking down here for, the camera is up there". hehe
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009