What kind of Flintstone vitamins are the best during pregnancy?

I have been taking Precare prenatal chewable vitamins for the past 7 months. Last month this product was put on backorder. I called the company and was told they may no longer be available. I then started the Prenanal 19 chewables and was constipated for a solid three wks to the point that the Colace was not even helping. So my obgyn nurse told me to start taking Flintstone (2 a day). I'm not sure what is the best kind. There's seems to be so many the Flintstones+iron, +calcuim,+vitaminc, and complete. I don't know which ones are best for me and baby. I'm 19 wks pregnant, and cannot swallow pills.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I take the + iron because I'm always anemic while pregnant.
    I would either take those or the calcium if I were you, or the complete. You probably get plenty of vitamin C in a regular diet.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would take the complete or the calcium/iorn ones if you know you dont eat enough calcium or iron. Good luck!!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• make sure not to take calcium and iron at the same time because they in a way prevent the other from being absorbed. Vitamin C helps iron to be absorbed though. Just make sure to take iron and calcium at different times of the day.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2009