Rihanna should lose her endorsements

In todays world of celebs, every little thing that isn't "role model like" makes them lose their endorsement deals. Michael Phelps, for example. Well I for one think Rihanna should lose hers. I saw a Cover Girl commercial with her on it yesterday. Great role model. Let your boyfriend kick your ass girls! It's ok! I am no longer sympathetic to her. I hate that women are abused all over this country and most have no options, no money and fear for their lives to leave. This woman has all the money in the world, bodyguards, no children, no marriage to deal with, yet she returns to him. Showing young girls what? That this behavior is OK? It is insulting to women who are in this situation without the means to leave. It sickens me. What do you think? Should she lose her endorsements also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WOW....
    NO I do NOT agree at all with you. How do you even know if shes been abused before? Maybe this was the first time - yeah she should leave his ass, def. BUT she didn't asked to be abused - so NO she's not a bad role model nd shouldnt lose her endorsements!
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It's a bit more complicated than that. Do I think she should leave the jerk - yes! Do I think she should lose her work/ability to work because she's not living her personal life as a role model to women everywhere - no. As much as it irritates, annoys, and outrages us to see her return to the creep, it is still her personal life, and she should be allowed to conduct it as she sees fit. I can only hope that she (and all of the other women in a similar situation) can find the strength, support, and resources to make the move away from their abusers.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I was under the impression that all the news about her and Chris being together again is actually just a rumor and not true at all. I could understand going back to the person if it was a small little thing but he seriously messed her up and I couldn't understand that. Either way, she needs support right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think you are taking this too personal. Are you in an abusive relationship and can't leave?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I don't think they will to take them away,the puplic will lose respect for her,and she will lose them all on her own.I saw this last night that she took him back,and is planning on not testifying against him,I do not feel sorry for her anymore,because like you said she has no reason,to keep him.She is sending her young fans a terrible message,this is when moms need to step in and make sure their daughters know this is not acceptable,and you don't have to put up with abuse.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Michael Phelps lost his endorsements deal because he did something illegal. *( If you're an athlete look around before hitting on the bong. --confiscate all cameras)* Being a pop singer who may or may not have gone back to her abuser is , (its borderline clusterf^ck of stupidity )*but not illegal.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 10:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• it doesnt matter money or no money body gaurd or no body gaurds..u truly cant understand this kind of situation until u urself are in it...a big part of it is the emotional ties..and the " he is going to change" way of thinking...yes from the out side looking in people say what is wrong with her..from the inside looking out she is saying" they dont understand that i love him" it is hard to let go...even when u are being abused...celeb or not she is a human being with emotions like all of us...and yes it is sad that she went back..but i can relate to y ....it has nothing to do with money or anthing like that... she loves him...and thinks he will change..and no one will convince her otherwise..it is something she has to come to realize on her own...kinda like a druggy will never quit untill THEY are ready..no matter how hard u try to help them they cant see what they are doing is bad for them...JMO.. no losing endorsements
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Thats stupid, It's her idiot bf who should be drummed out of business.
    Now that she is suposedly not going to testify the media is cruciying him
    I'm afraid that will happen and he will take it out on her. I predict she'll be back in the
    news because of another attack within 6 months. Hopefully she will be alive.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree with PestPatti. What she did is not illegal, just stupid. That is assuming that she actually did get back together with him. Most of what we read about celebrities is not true or not the whole truth. If she did, I have lost all respect for her. I do still feel a little sorry for her because she is young, naive and obviously not very bright. She is scared and confused and that's a hard position to be in. I don't think she should lose endorsements but eventually, it will happen. Parents will stop letting their children listen to her or smart teenagers will do that on their own. Her music career will fail and eventually, the endorsements will be pulled. I do wish the best for anyone so I hope she wises up and leaves him for good.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• *rolls eyes*

Rihanna is a damn person, she's not responsible for being a role model to your child, YOU are. I don't care that Michael Phelps smoked some pot, or that Rihanna went back to her boyfriend after he abused her - IT'S NOT MY LIFE AND IT'S NOT MY BUSINESS.

I am really sick and tired of people who think that celebrities are not PEOPLE TOO! If Rihanna was just a regular island girl you would not give a rat's ass about what happened to her or what she did about it. She should be able to lead her life as she sees fit, just as any of us should. I'm very sure that you do things in your life that you would not want your kids to see or do, you are not perfect, but if they were to see, should you lose YOUR "edorsements"? Your job, your income? Really? NO!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2009