What do you think about teen pregnancy?

Lately there has been alot of hype about teen pregnancy. What are your thoughts and feelings about it. I was watching on the news that some teens from 14 to 16 want babies because they are bored with their lives and/or want to stay in a relationship. Kids are growing up too fast!!

Cj605

Asked by Cj605 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dude. i honestly think teens are romanticizing the idea of having babies. babies take a LOT of work. if i knew how much i was in for i would have been more careful

funny quote i heard once 'YEY i get to give birth AND change diapers' LOL
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Haha!
    Cj605

Answer by Cj605 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm 19 and pregnant with my first, I graduated from high school and am still with the father of my baby....When I was a Junior in high school there were 25 girls in a school of less then 600 students pregnant,some with their second child, and a few not even in high school. I never understood how after the first one they didn't practice safe sex but now that I look back they never really taught us anything about sex in school just the typical " If you have sex you will get pregnant and die!" ha! like any teen really thinks of the worst that could happen when they make decisions...I think that parents and schools need to be more Involved in students sex education....oh and another example of how sex ed was in my school...(quoting my sex ed teacher who taught the class for about 30 years!) " "I don't know what all the hype is about the clitoris it doesn't do anything!!!! =0"
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i think all you old farts need too just mind your own damn business and worry about your own kids and not other peoples kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• okay young fart :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think it's not ideal but things happen and many of these girls step up and become GREAT MOMS!!! I've know some teens moms that have been WAY better moms and WAY more dedicated than some 40 year old moms I know.

Do I think that a teenager who can't support themselves and hasn't finished school should get pregnant ON PURPOSE??? NOOOOOO!!!

But things aren't the way they used to be. Getting pregnant at 16 doesn't mean a girl will drop out of school, not go to college and end up living in a trailer. Many go on to be extremely sucessful people who go on to live normal lives.

I've heard that some people think that teen moms should all have to give their babies up for adoption. That's rediculous!!! People need to open their eyes and get out of the old days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• wow anon 754
    im only 23 sorry that i didnt have a baby at 12 shit maybe i should had been like you
    i think people like that anon just prove how immature these kids are and sad to say they are having kids that is where you are getting alot of the hell runner kids the ones that you yourself just want to back hand at the store
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i had a baby at 17. i love my dd but i truley wish that i would have waited until i could truly take care of her better. she turned 7 march 4th and she has a great life now but she could have had a lot better. i just wish that girls would take bc and be smart about haveing sex. if you are a teen parent that congrats but it is going to be hard. just finish school or get your ged so you can get a good job.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think teen Moms are going to have a hard road to haul but I don't think it is our business to criticize them. They will learn the hard way and that's that. I was 19 when I got married, everyone said that was young but we're doing well! We didn't have kids before that, I was 20 with my first.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009